The ISLAND Control Freak is an Australian made performance hybrid and perfect allrounder to suit any wave conditions, if you could only take one board on a surf trip the Control Freak is the one to pack.
- Construction: PU Foam, 4oz + 4oz deck, 4oz bottom, Fused unidirectional carbon strip over stringer and carbon tail patches.
- Fin Configuration: 5 Fin Configuration
- Fin System: FCS
- Rails: Soft 40/60
- Concave: Single to Double
- Rocker: Medium entry
- Recommended Skill Level: Intermediate - Advanced
- PLEASE NOTE: Fins Not Included
One of the most diverse and powerful boards in the range it has a wider profile and tailored for more paddle power, while still maintaining that performance edge to throw down serious turns! So if you are looking for a versatile shortboard then the Island Control Freak is a great option with a generous single concave which flows from the nose to a slight double through the fins and tail, allowing drive and acceleration through bottom turns and flow between rail-to-rail transitions. The Control freak also features a swallow tail for quicker release, responsiveness and making for super fast turns. The tail along with its slightly wider body increases lift and reduces drag making it easier to plane and maintain increased speed. The Control Freak is constructed with a PU foam blank, 4 + 4 ounce deck, along with a carbon strip and carbon tail patch offering greater strength and flex properties through hacks! If you're after a fun, super responsive all-round shortboard the same as Ry Craike rides then the Island Control Freak is for you!
- L 5’6 W 19 1/4 T 2 3/8 V 27.0L
- L 5’8 W 19 3/4 T 2 4/5 V 29.0L
- L 5’10 W 20 T 2 1/2 V 31.0L
- L 6’0 W 20 1/2 T 2 1/2 V 33.0L
- L 6’2 W 21 6/8 T 2 5/8 V 36.0L
- L 6’4 W 21 3/4 T 2 3/4 V 39.0L